I have a problem with a script that worked perfectly for the last years. This script calls (with a secure call)
doi dot crossref dot org, /servlet/getForwardLinks with usr, pwd, doi, startDate, and endDate
to get the citations for this journal. Now I realized, this call from within the script leads to an empty result. When I use the same call in my browser, I do get the expected XML-document. Is there any new requirement for this call? Is there any alternative way to get this information?
Thanks for the post.
That is strange, there should not be any difference between the link being run in the script versus the browser so could you send me over the link (minus the password) and I will try using my own credentials to replicate the issue here.
If you would prefer you can also send me the information for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org.
thank you for your quick response. Based on your answer that there should be no difference, I searched for other possible reasons and found that the problem is coming from the Perl package that I use… I switched from https to http and everything works fine again. There is also a way to implement https-support, which I will implement. - So: problem solved!
Best (and many thanks again)
Thanks for the reply and I am glad that you have got it working now. If you have any other queries then do let us know.